Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How long before my stamina increases through running?

It took me forever, but I was finally able to run 2 miles without stopping yesterday. I was pretty tired after, but I was wondering how long it took before I actually feel really comfortable running 2 miles. How often do you guys think I should run a week to achieve higher endurance?

How long before my stamina increases through running?
Monday-Friday or Monday-Saturday if you would like. I'm wondering if by 2 miles your running track or if you plan on adding more miles and running cross country. But either way just run 5-6 days a week and every week add a couple miles on. So for week 1 run 15 miles, week 2 run 20, week 3 run 25 etc.
Reply:Doing long runs every other week help increase endurance. 10 % of your weeks total mileage. as you slowly increase your mileage your endurnace will improve.





There are lots of tips and explanations on how to do this on www.runnersworld.com


As well as lots of other types of training


No comments:

Post a Comment