Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have asthma and want to build up stamina?

After my first asthma attack (about 10 years ago) I became afraid to exercise and now hardly have enough stamina to walk from a "far out" parking space into a store. I want to build up enough stamina to be able to walk a reasonable distance so that I can go out with friends (for example) without feeling like a burden. Will simply walking and increasing my distance help me to solve this problem? Or will asthma not improve with exercise?

I have asthma and want to build up stamina?
first thing is to get the asthma under control. second thing is to get an asthma action plan from your doctor. third thing is to discuss exercising with your doctor and detirmine what type of exercise is best for you. If exercising is setting off EIB's then you can not build stamina..but with the proper treatment plan in place you should be able to exercise and build up your stamina without triggering EIB's. (exercised induced bronchiospasms).
Reply:take your rescues hauler with you


No comments:

Post a Comment