Monday, May 11, 2009

How can I harvest lily seed pods to plant next year?

I am talking about the thick green pod under the stamen that you can see when the petals fall off. I was told there are seeds inside, like a poppy, and it sure looks that way to me. Can I dry them out and plant them? Do I leave them inside the pod while drying or break it open..?


FYI They look like daylillies, orange, about 4 or 6 blooms were on this one stalk. They were in an arrangement I received.

How can I harvest lily seed pods to plant next year?
Won't work. The seeds are immature. Shop around for the same variety and buy bulbs.
Reply:Leave the seeds to dry in the pod. You could try growing them, but remember it will take a few years before you get a lily bulb large enough to produce a flower. Also the flower may not be like the original flower. Good luck.

safety shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment