Monday, May 11, 2009

How can I improve my stamina in swimming?

I usually swim the 200 free or the 200IM my times are 2:16:00 and 2:27:00 respectively


How do people sprint the 500fr?

How can I improve my stamina in swimming?
Hey bknicksc, what's up!


I'm an Australian competitive swimmer, although I generally focus more on shorter distance events I have done some longer stuff a few years back. If you are already focusing on the 200 free and IM than you probably already have quite a good fitness base. However as the old saying goes the more the merrier! In order to do longer stuff like the 400, 800, 1500 and in your case the 500 you really need to give yourself the most opportunities as you can to swim those long distances at a reasonable pace. If you try swimming 800 meters doing it as 100 hard, 100 easy than this will definitely improve your racing fitness and give you that extra legs that you need when you find yourself hitting that wall at about the two hundred/two hundred and fifty meter mark in your 500. This type of training, hard than easy (called varying pace) is hard yaka but it is definitely good fitness work. try to do a couple of reps maybe 3 or 4 in a main set.





Anyway hoped I helped you out a bit, of course there is heaps more you can do like cross training, diet etc. but I always find that some time hard yaka(work) is the best and only way.





Stick at it and good luck! h_swamp
Reply:heyyy ! ight i can totaly help u out i am a distance freestyler ! 500 is my best event i go 5 min and 8 seconds hoping to brake the min mark soon so i no wat im talking about. okay whay u have to do is run and just focus. its all in your mind and trying to not feel anything in your body. i dont kick when i swim im all arms and upperbody so i dont no if u kick or not but improving u would have to run it solves everything almost in the swimming world. its all in your mind and just when u have that first 100 done u have to be like ohh yeaaahh 4000 left eat my bubbles ! it takes time u cnt become on just over night iv been swimming for the past 9 yrs of my life im 14 now. dont worrie if u practice and keep positive energy and eat well ull do fine. try eating choloate like 30 mins before your race dont worry ull get it adventuly and practice is a big key try pulling 2 a days. b 4 school at 5 am and after it takes a lot of heart and determination hope this helps :)

choose roller blades

No comments:

Post a Comment