Sunday, May 23, 2010

What excersise or rep and how many should I do to get faster?

I'm a pretty decent runner but my starting or explosive power speed is slow and it takes me a long time to increase my pace what should I do. Also how can I keep my pace going I have the stamina but my legs just start slowing down after I go fast for 20-40 seconds.

What excersise or rep and how many should I do to get faster?
Sprinting is muscular strength so you should lift weights and do plyometrics.


If you have slow starts you need to work on your technique starting and getting up to speed.





If you are slowing down after 20 to 40 seconds from running at top speed you are about normal.


You can increase your ability to sprint longer by doing stress intervals and working on your running form so you can relax while running fast.





Stress intervals would be from 200 to 250 meters.


Depending on what percentage of maximum speed you run will determine how many and how much rest between.





If you run very fast you will need longer rests, and do fewer repeats.


Start out doing 5x200 at 80%, walk the 200 to recover.


You will need to feel out your ability until you know how to run and know what kind of condition you are in.
Reply:i found one solution that helps a lot...for me and my friends...run in this order, 100, 200, 400, 800, 800, 400, 200, 100...however long it takes you to run each distance give yourself half of that time to rest before you begin the next one...this will improve your sprinting and endurance...good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment